09 December 2008
A TRIP TO THE ZIG
December 6th: As some of you may be aware, I am right smack in the middle of the City of Ur. There are people still living in this area who are descendants of those tribes. Abraham's house is here (not in complete form but still recognizable) as is the Ziggurat. The tour was great and the curator who lives next to the Ziggurat speaks 13 languages as well as English. Deyaf is his name and he taught himself English from a dictionary. We were able to supply him with some blankets I bought, water, gasoline and beenie babies for his children. His income is $50 per month. I included a picture or two for the blog. One thing we learned was back in ancient times, when a King or Queen died their servants would drink poison and kill themselves in order to be buried with the King or Queen. Now that's loyalty.