It is now official, we entered our names for the marathon coming up the day after Christmas. I don't expect to run the whole thing. I would like to, but training for it would be difficult. However, I may do 13.1 miles of it. I am expected to do at least 7 miles. No problem with that distance.
As I sit at the cyber cafe' and type out this short note, Christmas music plays in the background, rather loudly I might add. Interesting they decided to play Christmas music at an Iraqi run establishment where about 98% of the country is Muslim. Not to mention the fact that there are Christmas trees decorated all around the place. However, I don't expect we will see any nativity scenes. Go figure.
It is my day off and I went for a morning run around 0500. The temperature was around 45 degrees Fahrenheit. And yes I ran the perimeter road where I discovered the vicious puppies. This time, at the suggestion of my Marine son, I now carry two knives and wear gloves. Well, actually he suggested I carry a knife. I decided if I am going to carry one, why not two. If I could carry three, a grenade launcher, a rifle, my handgun and some scooby snacks I would. Speaking of scooby snacks. If those of you who are so inclined, bored, insane or have absolutely nothing else better to do (we all know how over worked Linda Biddle is at her tea room job) and have decided to check out this blog let it be said:
I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO SHARE SCOOBY SNACKS WITH IRAQI'S AND MY WORK BUDDIES. SO, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO SEND OVER, YOU CAN FIND SCOOBY SNACKS (THEY ARE VERY DELICIOUS LITTLE CRACKERS IN THE SHAPE OF SCOOBYDOO) AT JUST ABOUT ANY GROCERY STORE. TWO OR MORE BOXES WOULD BE GREAT, THEY ARE CHEAP, AND DID I SAY "DELICIOUS"? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Okay back on topic. The run was uneventful. Today we have a Colonel visiting. One of our "big" bosses. When he arrives this afternoon we will be pretty busy. I will fill you in on our events after he leaves.
Signing off -